HCL Australia’s service delivery director, Emmanuel Steve Dulvin, speaks about his career, lessons learned and the technologies that will drive the IT services industry in 2017.
News, Features, and Interviews
Analysis from three surveys from CEO, business leaders, and CIO on the state of the digital transformation journey.
How do you separate quality cloud consultants from the clowns? If you don't have a screening checklist in place — and let's face it, you probably don't — this short list of behaviors and policies is a good place to start.
CEOs and other senior enterprise managers rated four breakthrough technologies "very low" in terms of productivity improvement in the next five years, according to a Gartner survey.
When it's time to update your resume, you may find it difficult to figure out how to effectively highlight your accomplishments while keeping the document concise. In these IT resume makeovers, you'll see how to rework your technical resume to make it stand out from the crowd.
AI can be deployed any time there is an opportunity to replace manual human work with mechanical, autonomous machines and technology. This is why we should embrace it, writes Abdul Razack of Infosys.
It may take time and work before the real benefits of AI are realised, as AI is not a homogenous set of technologies, and some tasks will take longer to automate than others, writes Brandon Purcell of Forrester.
We appear to be on the verge of segregating society into haves and have nots again, and arguably - on the basis of people’s accents. Just ask Alexa, posits Vaughan Robertson.
Chris Buxton of Statistics NZ and Ed Overy of KiwiRail share lessons learned from recent ICT projects that can apply across sectors.
At a demonstration of Amazon Web Services new artificial intelligence image recognition tool last week, the deep learning analysis calculated with near certainty that a photo of speaker Glenn Gore depicted a potted plant.
The ‘internal innovation competition’ is quite possibly an energy industry first in New Zealand, says Genesis Energy.
- Microsoft to slash cloud-connection rights for stand-alone Office
- SafetyCulture becomes first Australian member of Node.js Foundation
- 3D NAND to make up half of all flash memory production
- Startup claims 3D printers create metal parts faster, more cheaply
- How your company needs to train workers in cybersecurity
- DDoS still the mainstay of Aussie cyber crime
- Optus outlines $10M mobile infrastructure upgrade plan in Western QLD
- Is the premium PC market approaching critical mass?
- Toshiba to split off its in-house companies into wholly-owned subsidiaries
- Interpol leans on industry for support in latest cyber crime sting
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- McAfee: Wave of Shamoon cyberattacks being coordinated by a single group
- Linkerd 1.0 helps cloud services communicate
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China