HCL Australia’s service delivery director, Emmanuel Steve Dulvin, speaks about his career, lessons learned and the technologies that will drive the IT services industry in 2017.
News, Features, and Interviews
At the recent CIO100 breakfast in Auckland, Air New Zealand’s first chief digital officer talks about customer experience, finding 10X talent and predicting the future.
“The single biggest, the flagship Bank of New Zealand store is not on Queen Street. It is the website,” says the bank’s head of digital.
Plunket’s first CIO - and now Chief Operating Officer - seriously considered becoming a midwife after the birth of her first child.
The role allows him to work across all facets of ICT and business units, as well as mentor the next generation of ICT professionals.
Westpac chief digital officer Melissa Macfarlane talks about how the bank is acting like a startup, working with the CIO, and preparing for the workplace of the future.
Previously, security was about having gates, but under the agile method we use guardrails so our developers stay on the road, rather than having to stop at a gate, writes Aaron McKeown of Xero.
Machine learning, multi-structured data, storage in the cloud and the ethics around big data are just some of the themes tackled in this CIO roundtable discussion sponsored by IBM and Ingram Micro. (Photos by Jason Creaghan)
Through serendipity, all of Simon Kennedy’s career has been in retail - from selling sausages in London, through to global management consultant roles and now CIO.
Vendors frequently undertake software audits that are problematic for CIOs, writes IT lawyer Michael Wigley.
NZ businesses need to rethink how we are developing ‘digital directors’, says Viv Gurrey. The process needs a co-ordinated approach along with a jumpstart for prospective candidates.
- Microsoft to slash cloud-connection rights for stand-alone Office
- SafetyCulture becomes first Australian member of Node.js Foundation
- 3D NAND to make up half of all flash memory production
- Startup claims 3D printers create metal parts faster, more cheaply
- How your company needs to train workers in cybersecurity
- DDoS still the mainstay of Aussie cyber crime
- Optus outlines $10M mobile infrastructure upgrade plan in Western QLD
- Is the premium PC market approaching critical mass?
- Toshiba to split off its in-house companies into wholly-owned subsidiaries
- Interpol leans on industry for support in latest cyber crime sting
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- McAfee: Wave of Shamoon cyberattacks being coordinated by a single group
- Linkerd 1.0 helps cloud services communicate
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China